How is Insurance calculated?
For complimentary claims: Settlement of insurance claims is capped at $1,000 and calculated on the pre-GST cost of goods. Final settlement for a complimentary claim includes the pre GST cost of goods less the $100 excess.
For additional insurance claims: Settlement of insurance claims is capped at the amount for which you are insured ($2,000 / $3,000 / $4,000). Final settlement for an additional insurance claim includes the pre-GST cost of goods less the $50 excess for general cargo or less $100 excess for computer, electronic or fragile items.
What is NOT covered by Insurance?
- Hazardous Goods
- Refrigerated Goods
- Dangerous Goods
- Wilful misconduct by the insured
- Wear and tear, ordinary leakage, ordinary loss in weight or volume
- Loss as a result of delay and inherent vice or nature of the goods
- Consequential loss
- Loss damage or expense caused by insufficient packaging
- Loss arising from the use of an atomic weapon of war
Please note that claims may be refused in the event that the insurance team determines that your goods were insufficiently packaged. CouriersPlease is a general freight carrier so your consignment must be packaged to withstand the rigours of general freight. The minimum requirements are:
- Sturdy, strong cardboard box
- Void fill such as packing peanuts or other suitable padding around the contents
- Additional bubblewrap for fragile items
- Allow 5cm between the contents and the side walls of the box
What is an ATL and how does it affect my Insurance
An ATL (Authority to Leave) is given in the event of the receiver not being home to sign for the consignment. It allows CouriersPlease to leave your package without obtaining a signature.
Please note, when you have selected the ATL option, your package is no longer covered by Insurance.
How do I lodge a claim for a damaged or lost consignment?
Is there a timeframe for lodgement of claims?
Yes, within seven (7) days of delivery.
What do I need to do to lodge a claim?
When lodging a claim for lost goods you will be required to provide:
- Cost Invoice – you must provide a copy of your wholesale invoice
- Sales Invoice – you must provide a copy of your sales invoice
When lodging a claim for damaged goods you will be required to provide:
- Cost invoice – you must provide a copy of your wholesale invoice
- Sales invoice – you must provide a copy of your wholesale invoice
- Colour photos of the damage, detailed description of the damage and a detailed description plus photos of the packaging
- Written quotation for repairs if applicable
Why was my insurance claim declined?
There are a few reasons your claim may have been declined. The most common reasons are:
- Your claim is less than the value of your excess amount
- Your advice of claim has been received outside the 7-day notification time frame
- Your goods are deemed to be insufficiently packaged (as previously mentioned above)